FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Overwhelmed working Mum of 2.

Elle2721
Community Member
Hi all, feeling low, down and can't sleep. Cry from all the feelings of being overwhelmed.
My girl started kindy and is struggling, my baby boy keeps me awake at night, and I just started full time work and wondering why I did this to myself. Working full time and not being there for my kids and my mental health is getting scary.
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Welcome to the forums, Elle2721, we are so glad that you've taken a big step in sharing your thoughts and feelings here with our community. We can hear that you are dealing with a lot at the moment and are so sorry that it is feeling overwhwlming. Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk things through and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need. If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

You might also find it helpful to contact PANDA (Mon to Sat, 9am - 7.30pm AEST/AEDT) 1300 726 306 They provide support for parents affected by anxiety and depression.

We hope that you will find some comfort here on the forums. Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.

Harpbird
Community Member

Hello Elle2721, firstly you are a wonderful mum to your kids don’t ever loose sight of that. My girls had boys 8 days apart , I cared for them while why went back to full time work. They too had bad feelings on their parenting as they worked leaving them each morning. But now theirs boys started kindy yesterday were and they are so proud of their kids and that that they work hard if not harder “I think”than the stay home mum I was. Keep telling your self your a great mum and soon your bub will start sleeping through so you can too.
it possible for the kids to get a sleep over at a grand parents house or another family member? So you can have some you time? Take care and please be proud of yourself xxx