FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Obsessive thinking

LeeA18
Community Member

Hi

my relationships broke up 3 months ago. Due to his depression/anxiety apparently. I say apparently due to me seeing a text and photos he created that I saw on the day he broke up with me to another woman.

Since then, I am obsessively thinking about the relationship, him and what I saw. I approached him about the text I saw and he explained himself but then he blocked me on social media. That was 2 weeks ago. So I have been hurt a few times since the break up.

I just feel like there is something wrong with me. How do I stop thinking about it 24/7. I wake up during the night thinking about it.

I have depression and anxiety and on anti-depressants. I am seeing my psych this week where I will tell him. It is just driving me crazy.

3 Replies 3

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi LeeA and welcome back to our forums

Wow, what a difficult time you're having, aren't you? I see that you've been posting on our forums for awhile so I had a quick read of some of your posts.

I hear what you are saying, and I think you are hurting very much. So while you feel you are thinking obsessively, yes, you are, and it's quite right because you are feeling very hurt. Love and it's loss are so painful. My heart goes out to you.

Blocking on social media is like a slap in the face. It doesn't give you any avenue to talk about what's happened. It's just poof... of you go. Awful feeling.

Being treated that way can make you feel like you're going crazy, but to be truthful, you're not going crazy. It just feels like that at the moment. Things will get better. I guess that doesn't help you much. Maybe when you talk with your psych at your appointment this week things may improve for you.

One of the things is - you're not alone LeeA. Keep reaching out here as you've been doing. Good on you.

Kind regards

PamelaR

LeeA18
Community Member

Thank you. That’s exactly how it all feels.

The blocking was really passive aggressive. He acted as if nothing was wrong and then he did that. I just sit here thinking “YOU blocked ME” when he has hurt me quite a bit lately.

it was lovely to read your reply. I would do anything right now to stop thinking.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi LeeA, I know how upsetting this must be for you, and how sorry I feel for you, surprises like this are not good.

To explain why he did it and then block you is a horrible feeling, and for 2 weeks you have been struggling with this isn't what you needed, there are people on the site who could have helped you over this difficult time, that's why we are here.

There is nothing wrong in how you are feeling, it's always heartbreaking and disappointing, I, as well as many others, would feel the same as you and have been through similar situations.

Talk with your psych and please remember we are here to help you.

Best wishes.

Geoff.