FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not sure what to do

Newbie78
Community Member
For the last 6 months I have been in contact via sms and snapchat with an old friend. She normally only texts when she is drunk but never admits she is drunk when she is texting. She has also promised to organise a date to hang out. I am starting to think she is outright lying to me. She sends me random photos on snapchat of herself, just normal selfies and she got defensive when I took a screen shot of one. We are both lesbians. She is married and I am in a long term relationship. Should I cut ties?
4 Replies 4

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Newbie, and a warm welcome to the site.

When someone texts you, when they are intoxicated, could mean 2 things, first she might be embarrassed and secondly, that's how she wants to communicate, but what she says means that she will not remember what she's done or said and only doing this when she has a chance to in her marriage.

If you love someone you want to talk with them while you're sober and not drunk because is this how they actually feel, if they need alcohol to do this, then trouble may be heading your way.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Newbie78,

Welcome! Thank you for deciding to join us.

Gosh I wish I had the answer for you, I really do. But only you know your life so I couldn't say 'do this' and 'do that'. Me giving you advice would be the worst advice because I don't know you 🙂

What I can say though, is that I kind of think you know what you need to do. When she's married, you're in a long-term relationship, and the contact from her is through drunk texting.. Is there a part of you that wants to be in a relationship with her instead?

What do you think are the pros and cons of both?

rt

Thank you, it's nice to have input from a different perspective.

Newbie78
Community Member
Thank you for advice. Very valid points.