FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not sure what this feeling is 😒

Ereen
Community Member
I recently got married to my 5year long distance bf. Its been 4 mnths that we have been apart. But like everyone he is stuck at home too abroad and m stuck here at home here in australia due to covid 19. My now husband since he is stuck at home is so bg with playing games that he hardly have time for me. I told him that this behaviour of is making me feel very sad. We had an arguement and we didn’t talk with each other for a week. Then we spoke again and we had the fight for the same reason. Its been like that on and off for 4 times now. This when we had a fight he spoke to me in very rude manner. He was very harsh that hurt my feeling very much. He said he hated talking long hours on the phone instead he prefers playing game. I told him during times like this we have to be there for eachother but he said he is nt like the movie actor who will be there for me all the time he will be there when he feels like. I was shocked to hear that kind of statement from him. We haven’t spoken with each other for many days. M very hurt .my parents keeps on asking hows everything between us but i am tired of lying everyday that everything is fine. Everytime i think abt it i cant stop my tears. I cry every night so that nobody can see me crying. It hard seeing your newly married life crumble like this and even in times like this. I am unemployed right now... This problem is making me hard to concentrate on my studies . I am scared to tell my parents that things are not what it seems because i dnt want to make them sad. I dnt want to tell anybody abt what is going on in my life because it will make them sad too. Although i try to stay happy outside deep down m very very sad.
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Ereen,
  Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums, we're so glad you found our friendly online community. We're so sorry to hear what is happening between you and your husband at the moment. We empathise with how difficult it is to be away from him and also to not be getting the support you need ffrom him during this tough time. Please know that our community is here to support you and we will get through this. 
  If you feel it might be useful, we'd encourage you to visit our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. The website will be regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time. This is inclusive of a 24/7 telephone counselling service.
  Hopefully a few of our members will stop by to welcome you over the next few days and offer some words of support and advice. If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best help you get through this tough time.

jess334
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
Hi Ereen,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry for the difficult situation you are in. That sounds terrible.

I don't think expecting support is 'movie love'. Supporting your partner is one of the foundation pieces of a relationship.

Have you considered that your partner might have a video game addiction? It might be a way for him to relieve stress and 'escape'. This can be good in small doses, but not if it takes over all his time and attention.

I hope you can do what is best for you.

Kind thoughts, Jess