FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

No where to turn

Kyls
Community Member

I am in crisis mode atm.

I have noone to talk to. My family and friends are all sick if my relaspes.

I got back with a bf ive had an on off relationship with for 18 months. He promises not to drink then comes home with a six pack.

i have pushed everyone away and dont know what to do.

i cant keep living like this.

im so sorry if im saying the wrong thing. I hope i dont upsrt anyone.

7 Replies 7

DNA
Community Member

Hi, you’re saying the right things, you can’t just bottle it up

You obviously don’t want to push anyone away, like the rest of us, you want to enjoy a good life

We all need to try harder and get on

You could approach just one person to start with, and see how it goes, you might be pleasantly surprised 🐝

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
It' good your at least on here. If you love him just be honest with him. Ican't say if he has a drinking problem because that' his call to make but what I can tell you from being sober 17 years and partnered with my son' father who still uses in small amounts is please keep reaching out to people. It' his choices to make. I' sure there's councillors here that can recommend Alanon etcbut sometimes the best help is knowing your not alone n any of this or a burdon

Kyls
Community Member

Thank you for ur reply. These problems are always so complicated... i wish it was as easy as you are suggesting.. life would seem so much brighter. Unfortunately for me it isnt.

my problem is i have been dealing with depression and anxiety for abt 5 years now. This is the first time ive joined a forum.

my family which is very small are no longer and never really were supportive.

They say i should talk to them but ive never felt comfortable, we hardly ever talk abt true feelings and my brother has pretty much ignored me for months now.

I have lost a few friends and the one friend who has been supportive was so disappointed that i got back with my bf and i havent heard from her for a week.

i cant reach out... my meds are not working i know that much... am waiting on a review but it all takes time.

Kyls
Community Member
Thank you bethie

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hang in there. I'm 47 now and fight on a daily basis with chronic anxiety and depression. It's only been in the last 3 year that I was finally put on dual medication which helps beyond belief. It' good that you can at least type here. In A.A I learnt about something called H.A.L.T hungry, angry, lonely or tired. If I'm 2 of those things I'm jittery if 3 border line in trouble. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Every experience you get through makes a person just a little bit stronger

Kyls
Community Member

Im so glad to hear medication has helped you. Its good when something works.

Im running out of options tho.

One of my problems ive been on 3 meds for the last five years and i just dont think they are working any anymore.

im waiting on an urgent apt with a psychriatrist but it all takes time.

Keep up the good work bethie.. its good to hear positive people.

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Took me over 20 years to finally get what my son calls mums anti flap tablets. Tried everything including anti phycotics and nothing helped for along time. Finally got prescribed a combination anti anxiety/anti depressant combination tablet. No joke it' saved me from facing the living hell I lived with from my early teens. Goodluck..you'll find what' best for you. Be open to your inner gut feeling