FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New user

Ellie2015
Community Member

Hi all, 

I am new clearly..... I have always dealt with depression. Mum thinks I'm insane slot of the time due to the nature of my deepest wishes.... 

Anyway, dad died, 4 year partner left me with no home or car or bed. Had two lessors lock me out and refuse bond refund at no fault of mine. 

Feel like dads death is tipping me over the edge. I'm tied to a tree though, can't fall, got little brother to look after. 

wouldnt mind some tips and support to keep going

2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Ellie, that's quite a respons

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ellie, welcome to the forum, it's good to meet you. Sounds like you've got a big responsibility there, looking after your little brother. He's fortunate to have such a good big sister!

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Grief hits hard doesn't it, especially if you're dealing with depression and difficult life circumstances as well. How long ago did he pass away, if you don't mind me asking? 

It sounds to me like you're trying to keep things together at home, and that's a very important but demanding thing to do. Do you get some time to yourself? It's important to look after your own needs as well as others. Otherwise we can feel overwhelmed and swallowed up by our responsibilities which is very hard when you're grieving as well.

Do you get any help with the depression, any treatment from your doctor or a counsellor? It might be a good idea to talk to someone - you can always call the beyondblue helpline (see the homepage for details) or Lifeline. It really helps to share how you're feeling with a friendly and understanding voice. 

And keep talking to us here - you're not alone mate.

Very best wishes to you

Kaz