FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to BB and find myself alone.

Flaca1974
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Wanted to say Hi and see if anyone can give me some ideas on how I can cope. Part of my depression makes me pull away from all those I love. I feel not worthy and a real burden.When I get confronted with an issue in my relationship that generally has nothing to do with me I instantly internalise it and feel that Im the one to blame. So much so that I run. And by run I mean get on my bike and hit the road with no clue on where Im going. My poor partner of 2.5yrs has had this happen to him 3 times and the 3rd time was too much for him. As a result I am now alone. Because no amount of saying sorry this time will fix the hurt I have caused him. I wish I wasn't the way I am.
1 Reply 1

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Flaca1974,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your story. I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with this.

Are you seeing a therapist at the moment; is this something that you've considered doing?

I know from my own experience depression tells me that I'm not enough and not worthy and a burden on everyone that I know. But for me, I have to work really hard to challenge that and say well what does worthy look like? Only then I realise saying "I'm not worthy" is silly. If you think about it worthy isn't a place or a goal - it's just a word. You are already worthy and you were born worthy. You don't have to do anything to be worthy.

I hope that this is a little bit helpful. You may not have a boyfriend at the moment but that doesn't mean you are alone in this.