FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New parents

FayS
Community Member
Been blessed with a beautiful baby 3months ago and been over the moon. My husband has been helpful but we are now struggling as a couple on emotional level so much so that after having a yelling episode at each other he said let's get divorced. First thing I'm hurt that he thought about it as an option second thing, idk if I'm ready for divorce. He's right now complaining about how I'm not able to be intimate with him which I find hard as result of postpartum pains/harmonal melt down etc and how I react towards what he says. He pushes me to verge of anger and expects patience. I'm so lost. We were not like this and have been married for over 6 years. I have been independent and working before baby and now on mat leave. Idk who to turn to talk it out but I do know he's wrong and expects a lot for now and I am not able to control either. I need help plz!!
1 Reply 1

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new baby.

A baby is a bundle of joy but you and yoour husband have to rleate to each either as partners and parents in your new role.

I am not saying you have post natal depression but this organisation has information about coping with your new roles as parents.

PANDA. For pre and post-natal depression. Links to counselling, resources and an online forum. Phone 1300 726 306. www.panda.org.au/

It is only a few months and you both are tired and hopefully can learn to support each other.

Is there a time when baby is asleep when you can both sit and talk calmy .

Also do you have a local GP you could talk to.

Feel free to post here as much as you like.