FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New in here

Alexanderv
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, My name is Alexander, I am 24 years old.. about to turn 25 next month. Since my boyfriend broke up with me 1 year and half ago, my life its been so awful, at least the first 6 months that I couldn't stop thinking about him, now after seeing a few psychologist, I feel that everything is normal now, but now I'm facing this feeling of loneliness where I think I won't be able to find that person, that now guys are only looking for sex and I have this flaw, that I get attached to people to quickly.. so after they left or stopped talking to me, I felt really bad.. I tried to have a relationship, but every time I had one, the feeling is not the same, so i'm not sure whats going on with me, I have tried to go the gym, get involved in new activities but none since to help me, I stop talking to God because I'm too embarrassed of the person I become.. it is to hard to write all of this and still trying to make sense, because everything in my life is a mess, at the office, in my house, at college, I feel trapped, I don't know where to go and I have loose fear of dying and that scares me.

Not sure how to put myself together... and I cannot move to another area and a start a new life because I cannot afford to lose my current job and start a new one.

1 Reply 1

Jessicatherese94
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Alex, I totally feel you when you say you don't think you'll have that feeling again. And I know you've probably heard this a lot, but you are still so, so young (I'm 22 and sometimes it's comforting to know that we have pretty much our whole lives ahead of us). A lot of people don't meet their partners until they're 40 or even older. So you really do have time to meet someone new and also it's important to know that it's okay to be single. I've personally been single for pretty much my whole life. It's okay to wait for someone who you really like. I think it's important to know that you don't have to have a partner to be happy. You can be happy without one. May I ask if you're still seeing a psychologist who can help you with your feelings? If not, would you consider going back to speak to one again? Hope you're well. J.