FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need help and advice please

Only_me
Community Member
I have recently separated from my husband and kids due to financial issues with my husband. He had his own business and had a gambling problem and the kids aged 18 and 20 did nothing around the house, my husband worked away so I was already lonely and it all blew up again and he told me to get out and I said I should have left..... so I did. I now have my own house but it is so quiet and lonely. I miss my family so so much and none of them contact me, I was the problem arguing to fix the problems. I love my husband and we were together for 21 years and I'm really hating myself at the moment and don't even respect myself. How do I try to find a little peace with myself, I have been told by close family that I did the right thing ( they know everything about us) but I feel I have lost everything and I so want my family back but it takes time and even then they might never care. Struggling to move on, just want to go to sleep for 6 months until the pain goes away. So sad and heartbroken, feeling lost.
1 Reply 1

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Only Me

Thankyou for having the courage to post and being a part of the forum family too!

You have been through so much pain Onlyme.....Im sorry that you are in this dark place especially without the contact from your kids too ๐Ÿ˜ž

Please dont 'hate yourself' as you made the best decisions you could have at the time. Being married for 21 years is a huge achievement to have kept everything 'together' as well as you have

I understand where you are coming from as my mum left my dad after 49 years of marriage...She has found some peace living on her own without the never ending issues they used to have which has brought us kids peace too

I had a close business colleague ask to move in with me about 15 years ago as he said he was broke as he was paying 'so much child support'......It took me 6 months to figure out that he was addicted to the pokies and spent his $1200/week on them. I knew him for years but the lies he used to tell me to get a meal on defer his board money became too much to bear. I gently asked him to move out.

Just out of respect for you Onlyme I have had clinical depression for over 20 years and take a low dose antidepressant and have worked non stop through it which still amazes me. I still see my GP every 4 weeks for a 'fine tune' when I start to get down and he is a great help

Can I ask if you have a good GP/counselor that you can 'vent' to at the moment? You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by doing so

The forums are a rock solid and judgement free place where you can post Onlyme. It would be great if you could post back as there are many gentle people that can be here for you ๐Ÿ™‚

My Kind thoughts

Paul