FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My partner made a comment about my weight.. I feel hurt.

aconfuzzledone
Community Member

We have been in a relationship for 13 years. We met when we were fresh out of high school. I’m 30 now and I obviously don’t look the same as I did at 18. 

Recently my partner commented about my belly being big, called me fat, said he’s not attracted to me as he used to and said I don’t look good in some angles.. This really hurt me to the point I kept looping about what he said all day and just felt flat. We did talk about it but I felt unheard.

Though sometimes I can’t help but wonder if I’m just overreacting or being too sensitive. I agree that my body has changed, I changed my job, I’m not as active, but I think what really is upsetting me is that he’s basically saying that IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH and his love for me is conditional. It’s also the way he frames it, I just don’t feel supported by him. 

I don’t want to start losing weight to give him the satisfaction and control over me.  However, I do think I would benefit by being more active. I just don’t have the motivation to do it. 

Thanks for listening.

1 Reply 1

Dani12we_
Community Member

Hi im sorry to hear that he has said all these hurtful comments. Love is meant to be unconditional and there are way better ways he could have approached this topic that are less hurtful.