FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My partner doesn't have long to live

Homer1071
Community Member
My partner has lung and heart disease,has been given days if not months to live we have a 23 year old son together and I have so many emotions going through my head I have angry outbursts at people and frustration is peaking off the chart
41 Replies 41

Sophie_M

Hi Homer,
Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums and thank you for reaching out here,

We're so sorry to hear about your partner's condition, we can't imagine the stress and fear you must be experiencing. Please know there is support available to you and your family. The Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEDT on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport. One of our professional mental health counsellors at our Support Service will give you support and point you in the right direction for help in your area.

Please feel free to keep us updated here on your thread with what you are feeling and experiencing whenever you feel up to it - we hope that you find this to be a safe and non-judgmental space.

Ok thankyou its good knowing there are people out there to help

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Homer1071,

Im so sorry to hear about your partner.

It must be so difficult for you.

How is your partner coping at the moment?

Please know we are all a very caring supportive community and we are here to support you.

She is scared to go to sleep at night in case she doesn't wake up.She tells me all the time she doesn't want to die and I just don't have the answers for her.I go to work every day worried something will happen while I'm there but I need to work as I'm the main income.She doesn't want me to give up work because she knows how much I love working,but I'm willing to give up anything for her we have been together for 26 years and gone through what a couple would in a lifetime

Ohhhh Homer1071 I really feel for you and your partner.

I understand your partner being scared.

Is there anything meaningful you can do together before your partners time?

I understand how sad this is for both of you.

26 beautiful years together it must be so hard.

We are here for you

She has been through so much and beaten everything,she has had two heart attacks on the second one they found a blood clot she survived that .She survived two cases of neumonia one which they gave her 48 hours to live.We lost a child 21 years ago he was full term but still born she was bitten by a white top spider which decayed the back of her leg,she has DVT and diabetes and after all that I can't believe this is what it's come down to I feel like I'm losing my soul mate

We are just trying to spend as much time together at the moment and make the best of it

I’m really sorry Homer1071 your soul mate sounds like a wonderful person…

Feel free to reach out to us anytime

Not having a very good week this week I found out that my supervisors at work have said that I am very un reliable because I didn't turn up for work last Sunday because my partner has a fall going to the toilet and she hit her head on the toilet bowl as she fell.I had to take her to the hospital to get it checked in case of internal bleeding.My partner is my main priority at the moment and I am doing my best to keep everything going forward and the last thing I need is to be feeling inadequate.