FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My parents made my siblings hate me as much as they do

clueless2
Community Member
I think it's finally happened. My whole family seriously hate me. Being the second oldest of 7 kids is fricken tough, especially when you've raised yourself and have seem to be forgotten by your parents. The only thing i've ever gotten from my parents were very harsh words and curses along with slaps and punches. I'm no angel yet everything i've ever said or done was in response to all the emotional, mental and physical abuse. Im not good enough for them and they don't need nor want me anymore. Im not as smart as my older sister or as loved as my younger ones so i guess that made me the odd one out. I messed up real bad by getting my dad into trouble he didn't cause and i guess putting my feeling out on the table after pissed my mother off a lot. I'm bipolar and have anger issues that have grown from my toxic family. Nobody listens to anything i've gotta say till its too late. My younger sisters have been forced to believe that im insane and that ignoring and shutting me out completely will make me go away like some sort of Bogyman. Im an 18 yr old girl but i've been forced to rely financially on my parents so when my mother declared yesterday that she'd rather have my father home and me on the streets, i was totally unprepared. She said that i had 13 days to leave and if not she's burn my things to forget about it. All that over the fact that i felt that my younger brother could've asked me nicely instead of yelling at me to do things. In no way shape or form am i aloud to talk to my siblings and neither can they. Yet they could throw things at me or even hit me whenever and im told to stay in my room. Part of me is relived that i'd finally be out of here yet I've got no place to go. Im hurt that my mother would take in my father over me but i had seen it coming months ago. I don't know why it's hard for my family to believe that i have feelings too and im not some robot and that the reason why i'm so beaten down is because of their actions towards me. That the reason i don't have self confidence is because they tell me i look anorexic and that insane and crazy for trying to validate my feelings after more than a decided of being shut up by them.
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi clueless2,

We are so sorry to hear about what you are going through. It is never okay for your parents to be abusive towards you. Have you ever reported this to the police? If not we would encourage you to do so. We would also encourage you to reach out for some support from Kid Helpline (Tel: 1800 55 1800) and your local Headspace. 

Thank you for being part of our forums, it takes a lot of courage and strength to reach out for support and we are so glad that you have done so. We hope that you can get some support here, the community will be here to listen and chat with you. Feel free to also give us a call at Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Clueless2~

I'd like to join Sophie_M in welcoming you here. I'm glad you met her as she gives pretty good advice.

Life certainly has not been at all kind to you, between abusive parents that poisoned the other kids against you, having bipolar and now with your mother telling you to leave your home. Its all pretty heart-breaking and and even frightening stuff, particularly as this latest thing is so unexpected.

To you really think your mother means it, or was it a burst of anger?

You are not alone, as Sophie said the Kid's Help Line will be understanding and practical. If you do have to leave home the other things like having money and a place to stay can be sorted out. I know of a young person I've talked to often who had to leave home at exactly your age, however between Centrelink and Anglicare she was helped a lot in practical ways.

Not easy and pretty lonely at times if you are used to seven kids around all the time. Is there anyone in your family, or a friend, who is more on your side and you can talk with?

Given the sort of life you have lived I'm not surprised you have anger problems, they can be overcome in time. Do you have a GP or other health professional who is looking after you and the bipolar?

I would like to say one thing that is important, you said yourself you got your dad into trouble, well everyone makes mistakes, and between a harsh family life and maybe anger taking over it happens. We all make mistakes, for all sorts or reasons, but that does not mean you are not entitled to help when you need it.

As I said you are not alone, you can come here anytime and talk about anything you like, we'll understand as we have been though hard times ourselves.

We would like to know how you get on so please post again to us

Croix