FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My husband is not well.

Claire1289
Community Member

My husband suffers from depression. He has huge mood swings that turn him into another person. I have difficulties negotiating these moods and need some advice. He is so verbally aggressive and says some disturbing things at times.

I am going to make an appointment with his doctor so I can let him know exactly how things are. I think his medication atm is out of kilter.

Does depression involve aggression?

Many thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi and welcome to the forms.

to answer your question ... It can. (More later...!)

It sounds as though you have to walk on eggshells around the home so that you don't have to deal with mood swing.

Does your husband have any idea about his mood swings?

By the way, this is not a justification, but one of the symptoms of haemochromatosis (I have it) are mood swings, irritability and depression. I typically "suffer" from the last two, though did have mood swings when it was at its worst. From an irritability perspective, if something stressful happens at work, I may (not too often) may lash out at something someone says.

People tend to assoc. depression with sadness but it can come out in different ways such as anger or as you see in aggression. It is more of a link than one causes the other. Doing a google search for "depression and aggression" or "depression and anger" will give you links to pages you can read.

If your husband is able to chat with his GP about the medication that would be helpful. It can sometimes be hard to find the right medication to use. I hope you come back and let us know how things are going?