FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My adult life feels like i have nothing to show for it now.

Ellecat-_-
Community Member

Hi.
Im 28. I feel like my adult life has just slipped away. I was with the same guy for the past 8 years and we recently went our separate ways. I didnt feel sad or upset when we came to an end because i had in my head felt like we ended much earlier and i didnt really mourn him at all.
Since him i meet a guy, i didnt really let him in and pushed him away. He wanted to be something but i pushed and when i was ready he said i had ruined it for him by pushing him away. I have never felt so rejected in my life. This one guy who has only had a small print in my life, barely 6 months and i felt like my whole heart had been pulled out and broken to pieces. He says im killing him and now some how i need to let go but its really hard..
why is this breaking me ? is it a combination of all my pain rolled into one and hes pushing me off the edge?
i just dont' feel okay. i dont feel okay.
i feel like i could disappear and nobody would notice.

1 Reply 1

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Ellecat!

There would be many people that would notice if you disappeared....seriously. You are strong by posting about the pain you are going through.

Can I ask if you have had allowed time to pass after your partner of 8 years? This is a long relationship and we need time to heal afterwards....as you know. After an eight year relationship I would be as heartbroken as you are after being rejected

It is okay not to feel okay Ellecat....This would be a difficult time for you. There is no rush where relationships are concerned.

The forums are a Safe and judgement free place for you to post Ellecat. Your privacy and well being are paramount to the Beyond Blue Forums

I really hope you can post back when its convenient for you. There are many gentle people on the forums that can be here for you 🙂

my kind thoughts

Paul