FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mr

Patty1995
Community Member

I've currently got a crush on a girl and it's not going as I thought, any advice?

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Someone told me once "we are capable of falling in love with one in 20 people".  I tend to believe that, although I also believe that , that doesnt mean it is an ideal relationship. But it does say a lot for the fact that if we have a crush on someone, then dont despair, there are plenty of "fish in the sea".

We are more wise if we seek out more possible partners (GF BF's) than setting our sites on one at a time. Also, having a crush on someone kind of means they have the option to be close to you but you dont have options. This is not the way to go. It is far better to widen your horizons while still keeping the crush going. You will find as you grow older that the one you dont have a crush on is more suited as you get to know them better. 

So, having a crush is fine but to focus only on that person is to become obsessed and that restricts us as we elevate our expectations of a future just with that person. Divide up your time with others and get to know as many as you can to help yourself end up with that special person that you feel you are worthy of... and they worthy of you.

TonyWK