FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Miscarriage and Ex doesn't believe me

Supportrequired
Community Member

Hi All, thank you for the support.

I'm needing to get this off my chest.

Was dating a man for 3 months. It ended last Friday after it got physical. Things had been a bit rocky as he an alcoholic and when I drink too, he can say some very insensitive things that results in arguments between us. 

But I still love him and he says he still loves me and if I disappear he'll stop loving me. I wanted to work on the relationship issues, because when he is sober he is a beautiful individual. 

Well it's gotten worse, I didn't know I was pregnant. Turns out I wasn't covered for over a month following a UTI. I was 2 months pregnant and I miscarriaged. I told him and he doesn't believe me. Said I lied to him as I was still on the pill but can random bouts of breakthrough bleeding. I suffer from endometorisis and I highly doubted I'd ever fall pregnant.

So I'm mourning the loss of a love and struggling to come with the terms that I had a miscarriage. He won't answer my calls. I live in a small town and I went out with friends to try to get my mind off it. He turned up and flat out ignored me. It upset me so much. I confronted him and he said I lied in front of a lot of people. I threw a plastic cup at him and he said it's all documented now. 

I've blocked him on social media as I can't handle anymore heartache. 

I just wish we could have a peaceful conversation about this so I have some form of support. I have no family here to lean on.

1 Reply 1

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Supportrequired~

Welcome back to the Forum. I realy feel for you with the miscarriage. My first wife had one too and I think it had a life-long effect. Not only was there grief and loss and worry about future conception, but I think some hormonal changes may have made matters feel worse (I'm not a doctor, just someone that loved their wife)

It's natural that any loving partner would want to give support, comfort,  encouragement and love. Sadly in this case there was none, instead accusations and bad treatment.

That being the case I suspect you are well rid of him, and if he generates gossip those that know you well will not take any notice. In fact those that know him well will probably not either.

Do you think you would gain any benefit from counseling? Apart from anything else having someone believe you and be on your side can help. You would not feel as isolated for a start. I realise you live in a small town so opportunities might be limited.

Also is there any gynecologist you could visit about the endometorisis? Perhaps  there may be  treatments available. (my apologies if you have already done this)

Being alone facing all this is extra hard, we are here for you whenever you would like

Croix