FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Married but feel alone.

Across
Community Member

Hi

I have been married for over 12 years. We have 1 child together.

In the last 12 months I feel as though we are drifting apart. We don't really talk much. It feels more like we just live in the same house rather then married. She has also started travelling a lot for work. I have been feeling rather alone and depressed. We get very little alone time together.

Then I started spending time with one of my sons friends parents. I found that I have become very attached very quickly.

We have not done anything nor do I know if she feels anything for me but i feel as though I cheating by the way I am feeling. That also scares me.

I don't really have many people I can talk to about this.

1 Reply 1

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Across,

Welcome to the community here. It can seem really interesting and inviting when a person shows us some kind of attention, acknowledges us and seems to want to spend time with us.

We all need to feel loved, cared for and like we matter. When someone other than a partner does that, it can become complicated, even though it might feel so good.

I guess you need to ask yourself if how you react with this lady is something you would do in front of your wife. Do you want it to go any further? If id did go further, what would you do then?

I'm sure many people here have had the same dilemma!

Is it possible to try and organise some special time with your wife? Does she need to travel for work?

Hope you can sit down and have a decent chat with your wife and express what it is that you need right now. Sometimes it can be hard to turn back if we have gone too far! Sometimes going too far means a whole new beginning.

Guess you have to stop of think what if!

I don't know if I have helped you much! This is a situation you will need to work through. This is a safe place to do so.

Wishing you all the best!

Cheers from Dools