FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Marriage

nesl
Community Member

me, and my wife we are trying to work this relationship. I have recently lost my job. About five months ago. We had a opportunity to find another house together she turned it down. We put ourselves in a spot where we have to live at my mums or our savings went when it come to movie when trying to save at my mums. It all goes up why we couldn't save or pay rent properly. We can talk about this one then I got kicked out. I felt unfair because I was hoping to have at least notice our place to find my wife went to her mums. After a week I felt my emotion I was sharing with my wife. She didn't want to listen I got angry for feeling unloved. I asked for divorce, but the next day I regretted it. She took me back, but when I saw her, her mum disagrees with me a lot and when I tried to convince her, I'm not that person she somehow hurts my feelings I feel my mother-in-law might be toxic towards our relationship. There are new changes. My wife is taking because of listening to her. It makes my truss go at the door , my love for her is strong, but I feel she's not honest properly. I need help for helping us resolve our feelings to one of each other work out some of our faults in the past to improve our relationship

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M

Hey nesl,

Thank you for posting here on the Forums. You have been through a really stressful time with recently losing your job and having to change where you live. Even the strongest of relationships can be challenged in the midst of these types of situations.

It sounds like you have tried to communicate how you are feeling which is a great step. For further advice, it might be helpful to reach out to Relationships Australia, you can call them on 1300 364 277. They also have some great advice on their pages, such as this one on communication in relationships

If you ever want to talk, please don’t hesitate to give the lovely Beyond Blue counsellors a call on 1300 22 4636 or speak to them on webchat here. There are also some really good pointers here for staying connected, and finding support through a trying time.  

Thanks again for sharing here. We hope that our lovely community can bring you some comfort through this difficult time. 

Kind regards,  

Sophie M