FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lost

Whiterose
Community Member

Hi,

First post and I hope I make sense.

My husband was diagnosed with PTSD, Severe Depression, Anxiety and now he is being counselled for sex addiction.

I am a stay at home Mum with 4 young children. All under 11. My husband has moved out and wants to never have a relationship ever again. I don’t know what to do.

I am trying to move on and get back to work but given I have been out of work for so long I am aware that I will be working unsociable hours. Which means I need help with care and at this stage my husband is not capable (his words).

I had one appointment with a psychologist who told me there is nothing he can do to help me.

I have no family support for helping with kids so I’m lost with what to do next.

I am trying to give my husband space to see his medical team. But it is hard to do all this with out getting him to understand that he still has a responsibility to help with the children.

Everything I have read is about giving him space to get help and that my need for help is unfair on him. I’m stuck between my love and care for him to get better and my need to feed and keep a roof over our heads.

I don’t want to lose my husband but I get that I need to let him decide if he wants that himself.

I know that people have been in worse situations than me so I guess I’m hoping for some understanding in all this.

Thanks for reading. I apologise if I come across as selfish in all this.

1 Reply 1

Janey42
Community Member

Hi Whiterose, nice to meet you!! I'm Jane, I too, have a husband and a 12 year son. Even though my situation is very different to yours, I do feel your pain and can understand what you must be feeling. I struggle with depression and anxiety, which can be quite crippling. My husband is seriously ill with ongoing health issues. As a result, my 12 year old son has major behavioural difficulties. He has been diagnosed as having ADHD (the violent version, not sure what that is called). Anyway, I'm another Mum with family issues, so if ever you want to chat, I check in here on a daily basis so I'm happy to listen if you want to talk. xx