FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lost

Dazza43
Community Member
I have been married for 20 years, I have teenage twin boys. I have been suffering from severe depression and anxiety for many years. My past has been all about keeping everyone happy and not looking after myself. I am trying so hard to make my marriage work but I keep letting down my partner. I think about walking away but I am scared of what she will do, I feel I need to find my self and it’s without her. Please help because this situation is making me feel the only way out is the wrong way
3 Replies 3

Guest_7403
Community Member
What do you think she will do?

What do you feel the need to leave instead of stay and fix yourself?

I feel like I am in a situation where I try to love her and be the one she remembers from years ago, but that is the person who was just pleasing her, her family and friends. I want to be me, not the me people want me to be. I feel I have let everyone down and caused heartache because I am trying to find myself. I have been to a lot of counseling and they all say to take a break. I don’t like hurting people’s feelings and I feel guilt. But I just cannot make myself do something that I don’t feel

Before just leaving, have you spoken to her about how you feel and what your contemplating doing?