FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lost and defeated

Angel223x
Community Member
I recently separated from my ex wife about two months so unfortunately only being married 3-4 months, We’d been together for 5+ years but neither one of us were happy, We have a two year old daughter which I haven’t seen in over a month due to my ex partner completely ghosting me I have no idea where or what they’re doing, I’ve lost my little best friend my heart aches every single day how can you go a day without your child let alone an entire month I miss her so much it is exhausting mentally and emotionally.
3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Angel, I'm so sorry your being treated this way and know how devastating this must be for you.

Can I ask you a question, and please only answer if you want to, you say 'ex wife' does this mean you are just separated, and if this is the situation, try and organise a mediator who can discuss any problems the two of you are having and then come up with an agreed solution, I know this has happened to someone close to me and has settled their situation and it was free.

Are you able to also visit a psychologist via your doctor on a mental health plan, which entitles you to 10 free Medicare paid sessions.

Please ask any question you want to.

Geoff.

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Angel223x,

I'm really sorry to hear you haven't had a chance to see your daughter. I can understand how exhausting that is for you, and I imagine the heartache is unbearable. As geoff mentioned, is there any way you can get some legal help in to see your daughter?

James

The_Bro
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi there Angel223x and thanks for your post.

It's so very sad that you have not only broken up, but cannot see your little best friend. There is no doubt that she is also missing you too and wonders where you are.

I have grandkids of that age and it would chew me right up if I wasn't able to see them and spoil them as they really do define you as you get older.

Geoff and James have given you good tips about free legal advice that might bring you a quick solution. I just wonder how your ex would respond if you made it very clear in a non combative way that you are desperately missing your daughter and would like to see her please? Or perhaps you could send your daughter a little present and a card saying that your still love her?

Thinking of and sending best wishes to you in speedy resolution of this horrible situation.

Kind regards, The Bro