FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lost all of my female friends and unsure how to make new 1s

mbee
Community Member
I'm a 22 year old female and I work full time, as I've worked more frequently I have noticed the number of my female friends decrease (noticed both male and female but am more concerned on my female friendship group), problem is I am unsure how to make new female friends of the same age.. because of this I feel my depression growing and self confidence dropping.. any advice?
1 Reply 1

Jessicatherese94
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi mbee, it is tricky to maintain friendships when you're working full time. I am also the same age as you and most of my friends are from primary school and high school - did you keep in touch with anyone there? Are there after work drinks or events like that you could get involved with? When you say your friendship group has decreased, do you think there's a reason for that? Perhaps you could get in contact with those you've lost contact with and arrange to have a coffee or catch up? There is a saying that goes "If you have one friend, you're already way ahead" and I really believe one amazing friend is worth a bunch of friends you aren't really close with.