FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

losing the plot

baker76
Community Member
I seriously feel like Im loosing the plot I feel like my partner does not listen to me when it comes to his son.we both have kids to different partners and his 15 yo son lives with us full time. I really feel like walking away from the whole relationship it seems like a basic chore is to much for him to even do properly and my partner lets him get away with it all the time a basic chore like dishes and which he gets paid for is never done properly and im sick of nagging to do it right hes been doing this chore for 18 months now. He babies him with everything and im sick of trying 
3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Baker, situations like this are always difficult to cope with, especially when someone is 15 as they are heading towards adulthood.

There are different factors here to consider, whether your kids get on with his kids and their relationship is worthwhile staying, and the main one being, if you love your partner enough to stay with him, but if it's only mediocre then maybe you should decide to move on.

You have to remember if you stay, his son is always going to be there in the background, and your partner will give him privileges which you won't agree with. Geoff. x

baker76
Community Member

Thanks Geoff

I think youre right and I need to move on without them .

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi all, this is a continuation of an earlier thread here, so I am closing this one. Could you please continue your conversation in the original thread? Baker76, you have some replies in that thread from other members who are keen to hear back from you.