FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Loosing everything

Srouls11
Community Member

With the swipe of a pen the local Sargent has issued a family violence safety notice and I immediately have been separated from my wife of 20 years and our 4 beautiful children. I cannot talk or see her or the children or go home. She has shut my business down that we worked together (her admin me tradie) sold my car, sold all my tools (tradesman) about $8000 worth. Having a garage sale on weekends where all my stuff will be sold probably. She needs the money is what I hear from her family. I am labelled an abuser and rejected by her family and society. 

I know FV is unaccetable and I'm not going to ever expressing my innnosence but I must be at the lower end of the scale. Her perception of my behaviour has caused her to be fearfully and BAM I'm violent. Relationship has been under pressure with me sustaining a work place injury, taking time off, money problems etc. I understand why men take their lives. 

5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Dear Srouls11

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums we are so glad that you have made you way here and had the bravery to post.  We want you to know that this is a safe space to discuss your thoughts, feelings and experiences and receive honest responses and suggestions from fellow forum users.

We are sorry to hear of the loss you are experiencing at the moment and now being subject to a family safety notice; it is in moments like these, we like to offer a friendly ear to listen to these troubles and discuss any options or assistance that may be appropriate.  You may find the following support services helpful too, also to provide some more perspective and options for further support and advice:

Mensline

Relationships Australia

We are also here 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via our Webchat.  Our team who answer the phones are ready to have a supportive and non-judgmental chat whenever you need it.

We’re sure to hear from some of our lovely community members here on your thread soon. They’re a really amazing community, and will have understanding, advice and kind words for you.  Thanks again for sharing. It’s a powerful and brave first step towards feeling better.

Regards 

Sophie M

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Srouls, I had typed a reply but it said under my comment 'sorry unable to complete the action you requested', don't know why but it's not the first time this has happened and Modsupport are looking into it.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Scrouls111,

I understand this is a hard situation.

You need to keep yourself together so in turn you have the strength to fight what you need to fight in the future.

Your children are worth the fight , you can go through legal pathways.

You need to be here for your children.

Fiatlux
Community Member

Hi Srouls11,

Use this as an opportunity to try to fix whatever behavior has been deemed violent and has made your wife fearful. (been there).

With regards to your belongings... seek advice but, these shouldn't be sold without your consent. You need legal advice on this matter.

Sophie has provided you with support options. Take this up immediately.

Don't lose hope.

Hotdog100
Community Member

sorry to hear this situation.

stick it out mate , situations change , 6 months from now you could be thriving.