FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking after 2 girls.

Jojo1985
Community Member
Hi.

This is the 1st time I have ever reached out. My daughter who is 2 has a heart condition and she is deaf and I have a 5 month old. I know I am a good mum, but we do speech therapy activities and we live in Melbourne and have been in lock down for so long now and I am over it.
I am finding I am getting frustrated easier and I'm scared that 1 day I will snap. I would never hurt my daughter's, but when you have been in lock down for months and are not allowed to see family. On top of everything she had open heart surgery and cochlear surgery done for her ear and my brother inlaw passed away a month ago of a heart attack at 36.

I just would like to talk to someone please.
3 Replies 3

Sophie_M

Hey Jojo1985,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums, we're so glad you decided to join us here. We're so sorry to hear how what you're going through at the moment, and the impact that this pandemic is having on your wellbeing. We empathise with how difficult it is to be away from our friends and family. But please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk about your thoughts and feelings, and our wonderful community is here to provide you with as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

If you feel up to it, we think it might really help to talk these feelings through with the friendly counsellors at our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service, which is available 24/7 on 1800 512 348, or also through webchat here: https://cmwssonline.beyondblue.org.au. You might also like to check out some of the resources on the CMWSS website which is regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time.

Many of our members have felt similar and will be able to talk through these feelings with you. If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best help you get through this tough period.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Jojo1985,

A very warm caring welcome to our forums..

I am so deeply sorry about what you’ve been going through...My heartfelt condolences for you and your family..You’re brother in law was so young...

My Granddaughter was born deaf and had a cochlear operation when she was 13, and now is 21 and doing good...I remember all the speech therapy my son and daughter in law had done with her...She has a wonderful job now and doing really good...

Im sorry your young daughter had to have that done as well as open heart surgery ..That’s so much to be trying to manage without your family’s physical support...How is your beautiful daughter doing now?

I could imagine it would be terribly hard being in lockdown.,with two young children.,,Jojo hunny please reach out to the contacts our lovely Sophie has given you if you get overwhelmed or just need to talk....They really are very kind and caring people to talk to...

Jojo I’m here as well as others will pop in to talk to you and hopefully we can give you some hope and support you through these very hard times your going through...

Anytime lovely Jojo you need to talk please do so here...

Sending you my care and kind thoughts dear Jojo with a gentle caring warm hug....Here for you, to talk about anything you need to..

Grandy...

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear JoJo

I join Grandy in welcoming you to the forum. So pleased you found us. It sounds so difficult for you at the moment and I hope we can support you to get through this hard time. Living in Melbourne is uncomfortable for many people I know but when you have increased responsibility and little help you can call on it just makes everything so much worse. Some of my family live in Melbourne and I constantly worry about them so I can imagine how much more you are struggling. Please reach out here and through the phone numbers supplied by Sophie.

Take heart from Grandy's granddaughter experience with a cochlear ear transplant. I do hope all is going well with your daughter and her heart surgery. Please accept my condolences on the passing of your brother-in-law. So much sadness must weigh you down.

Please talk about anything that is on your mind. We are always here.

Sending you a virtual hug.

Mary