FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lonliness

DANIELLE2
Community Member
HI I suffer from depression, PTSD and anxiety which makes socializing difficult. I have no famile except for one son. I think that lonliness has made my situation worse to the extent I do not want to get up of a morning. How do other people cope with lonliness please
3 Replies 3

Anki
Community Member
Hi Danielle - I experience these things too. I have a therapist and she has been helping me quite a bit. Knowing I'm not alone in feeling lonely can be helpful at times. This is a tricky time of year for loneliness, I'm trying to keep that in mind and think of strategies to get me through the festive season. Anki

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi

If you haven't all eady please go see your GP. It makes a world of difference.

I'm lucky my PTSD is common in my suburb so people understand. I do something that may sound strange but because my anxiety can be like having gastro at times with bad stomach cramps I carry tablets for diareah with me.

Some places and people I know trigger me so I stay away.

IT gets easier over the years if that's any help.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Danielle,

Welcome to the forum. This is a safe,friendly, supportive and caring place.

Many people experience loneliness . Sometimes helping other people by volunteering is a way to meet people, and help them.

Have you seen your doctor. ?

This is a good place to read how others cope and to find out you are not alone.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Quirky