FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Long for a hug, but only myself

Abyss
Community Member
I really, really want a hug. Have been feeling lonely for so long.
5 Replies 5

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Abyss,

Welcome to the forums..

Your thread title caught my eye..I’m really sorry your wanting a hug and it’s only youself, my heart instantly began to break for you... How many times I’ve cried because I needed to be hugged, to feel the warm and caring arms around me from someone that cares, I can relate to that feeling.

I know it’s not the same but I would love to wrap my arms around you and give you a hug...hoping you would also return one to me....They are so important in our lives I believe to make us feel cared for...

Do you have any friends or family around you that you could ask for a hug off?.....

Do you live alone?

Sorry about the questions it’s out of care that I’m asking...

I live alone with no family closer then an 8 hour drive away and I haven’t seen any of them for over a year..I have friends here, but unfortunately cannot physically hug them, but the love and care they give me through these forums has helped me feel not so alone..

I hope you can post again and let me/us know that you are okay....

Sending you some virtual hugs..🤗🤗🤗🤗..

Grandy..

Abyss
Community Member

Hi Grandy,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. And thank you for being understanding the feeling of crying for hug.

Unfortunately I live alone too, haven't seen my family for a long time. And even I meet them, they are not 'hug' people--we are not good at expressing our negative/weak feelings to each other. So it's only me myself swallowing these moments.

I wish there was a shoulder for me to cry on, caring arms to feel warm and safe. But it's just too good to be true...Today I couldn't focus on work, I tried to control myself but things were out of control.

Anyway, thank you Grandy and monkey_magic.

Thank you soooooooooooo much!!!

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Abyss,

I understand very well your feeling for crying for a hug...The feeling overwhelms me a lot...I end up getting my little dogs and cuddling them, it’s not the same as people hugs but...Do you have any pets?..

I live in a small town..under 200 residence, in central Australia, no friends in town as I’m only bought here 3 years ago and I’m an outsider to them. So not even people around to see...to full my overwhelming feeling of loneliness....

Im sorry your family are not hug people, Just wondering if any of your a co-worker are you close to one of them to say you need a hug... just my thoughts...

Im really sorry today was not good for you at work...I have at times broken down at my volunteer job and hid in the rest room until I felt better...

Have you thought about joining any kind of social club in your area to meet new people, maybe a nice friendship could be formed....

We have a thread here, title is....”Loneliness what choices are there...There is a lot of good information, suggestions and advice on that thread...just top of the page search the title in the search bar....You can join in the conversation if you feel to, it’s up to you...

I use these forums a lot to talk to different people it does help sometimes...

There are a lot of people on these forums that will understand and relate to t loneliness, I’m sure a few more will pop in and offer you their support..

Kind and heart warming hugs..🤗🤗.

Grandy..