FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lonely

maggie9
Community Member

Hi,

i just really don’t know what to do anymore. It feels like every weekend I’m crying at home alone.

My few friends that I have have their own friendship groups who they prefer to hang out with.

My partner has his friends who he hangs out with. Every week I’m left with no one. I feel so alone. Yes I have friends but I hardly leave my bed except for work. It can’t be healthy crying alone in bed every weekend.

My partner always tries to be supportive but everything he says is a lie. He says my friends all love me. That can’t be true if they never want to see me, always coming up with some lame excuse, but never seems to have an excuse when they have their better friends they hang out with. I just don’t know what to do I feel like I have no one.

2 Replies 2

brizza242
Community Member
Ouch .. yeah loneliness is a crap feeling. I've been feeling a mixture of loneliness and going through a depression period recently but I think the important thing is to just keep trying. I imagined myself in an ocean calling out for help, and no boat can hear me. If I give up then that means I'll be stuck in the ocean forever or until a shark eats me or I die of hunger, so I need to keep trying to find a boat and climb aboard even if they don't hear me. Keep swimming. Look for support and make yourself heard if possible. It's difficult and painful .. but there's no real alternative that I know.

Jamee
Community Member

Hi maggie9,

I'm the same. I find myself crying in bed late at night very often because I can't shake the feeling of loneliness, even if I do have a small handful of people I can call friends. I know they have their own friends too and I feel so often that I'm probably not the first on their list as someone they'd want to hang out with. And I feel the same with my boyfriend too, even if he says the most supportive things I still feel so lonely because I know he has friends outside of me while I don't have much. And I hate feeling this way because I can't be the only person people hang out with and it makes me hate myself even more for feeling lonely.

So I do cry about it a lot.

To be honest with you, I don't have a solution. That's why I'm here, just to at least tell someone how I feel because I don't know if I have anyone at all. Thank you for telling your story though. I guess it kinda helps to know that you're not completely alone in how you feel, and that there's someone out there going through the exact same thing as you.

I hope you do better soon.