FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lonely and single

roxy24
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Im just new to this so I hope this all makes sense. Pretty much I have moved out of home and away from my life at home. Some of my close friends came with me however they are all on drugs now. Although this may not seem like a big issue, I am really against drugs as I have an appreciation for my body. This makes me feel like I have lost contact with my close friends and makes me feel like a ‘loser’ because I don’t join them. I am in many sporting teams and have great friends there but I feel like I wouldn’t be able to just call them up and ask them to come over or whatever. So I don’t really know how I’m supposed to be in that situation. I also have many friends at uni, however I wouldn’t say that we would be close enough to hang out outside of uni. My main issue in this post is being single. All my friends are in relationships with someone and I feel like I a just not wanted by anyone. This has resulted me in raising my standards and becoming unrealistic. However, I feel like I cannot lower these standards as I am afraid I will get hurt. The whole single situation makes me sick and so upset, I am just so worried I’m going to be single forever. This sounds so silly but I feel like boys aren’t interested in me, but the ones who are, are just disgusting. This makes me feel worthless and makes me feel like I’m wasting my life away wanting to be in a relationship. Is this normal or what do I need to do?

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Roxy, welcome

Rest assured everything you feel and do- is normal for YOU. And that is what matters. Comparing to others lives is not beneficial.

I experienced similar situation in the Air Force. For the first 8 months I didnt drink a drop of alcohol nor smoked, I was on the outside of a clique. Then suddenly took the plunge with both of those things. I buckled in a culture.

I can honestly say you should be really proud you have resisted. Stay strong.

I would seriously consider computer dating. My daughter, a teacher met another teacher this way and married. The benefits are that it narrows down the common interests so compatibility is more likely.

Once you do get into a relationship, your friends actions will be less of a worry, a shift in focus.

Good luck with meeting someone. You've set your standards of potential partner which is admirable.

Repost anytime.

TonyWK