FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lonely AF!

Eatworld12321
Community Member
feeling lonely as yet i have my partner and i have friends i just constantly feel misunderstood or like i cant say things because i feel like im sooking! i really want to go out with my partner and do things today i feel like its been ages since we went out and enjoyed being out together but instead we just sit around home and hang out its the weekend before me starting school and him driver for uber and theres not going to be a better time than now to enjoy the sun and eachothers company plus its a saturday but i have noo idea how to say hey lets do something when he just wants to work so instead im just feeling like i just want to go to sleep and..im not even eating i cant be bothered, whats wrong with me why am i so dependant?!
2 Replies 2

Quiettall
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi there

I understand where you are coming from. But can I suggest you need to act quickly before you become totally consumed in the non-eating, sleeping because I cant be bothered mode. Maybe suggest something simple to him, like going for a walk down to the cafe, or to the park, or see a movie? Have you indicated you miss him because he works so hard and you dont get quality time together? You dont have to nag him about it - just gently but firmly suggest it is time you both did something outside the house together.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Eatworld

Welcome to the forums and good on you for posting too!

You are not being a sook or dependent in any way. You have had the courage to voice whats on your mind which is healthy and well done

You cant drag him out door if he chooses to work. You bring up a good point about spending time together while the sun is out and having some fun together.

Communication is vital here. Letting him know that you that you need some time together.....even on a weeknight having a bite to eat may be a start...

My Best

Paul