FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

living with family at this time.

Jenni78
Community Member

HI, Im experiencing overwhelming anxiety living with my family at this time. My husband seems always aggressive, (he has not hit me or anything) yelling at the dogs, stomping around the house, slamming doors and calling everyone and everything every name he can think of. Today he slammed a door and an artifact that he has had for a long time, fell off the wall and broke. His anger is immense and I'm just trying to stay out of his way. I have just recovered from covid - 19 and waiting on a final clearance so I can at least go back to work to get out of here.

I'm feeling sick and worried - I have no where to go (no local family etc.) and with all the restrictions cant go anywhere

How are other people in a similar situation dealing with this - how do they cope with such an angry housemate although its not directed at you personally.

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

It is indeed a testing time and many of us are frustrated and in fear. I suggest your husband needs you now more than ever and in a kind patient approach.

google-

beyondblue topic talking to men- some tips

If you have arguments I have a good strategy for that-

beyondblue topic relationship strife? The peace pipe

That one needs full commitment from both parties then it works well.

TonyWK