FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Like a kick in the guts.... Living not existing..... 12 years together

Jane1234
Community Member

Were over, were done,

I can't keep going around in circles anymore,

Im over existing and not living.

I just can't get over the past.

Dont really understand guy talk lol but I'm guessing he was bored and wanting more out of life, wanted to be happy, wasn't attracted or inlove anymore.

6 Replies 6

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jane1234, your comment says a great deal about what's been happening, and I'm very sorry it has come to this, but it's obvious there have been situations in the past that you are struggling to overcome and not to say that what's going on now is also very difficult.

Thanks for posting your comment and hope we can be help you even further, so if you feel up to it, you can get back to us, just so we can direct you in the right direction.

Hope to hear back from you, I'll be here until 10.00am.

Geoff.

cherrub55
Community Member

Existing not living, 3 words that says it all!

Who will treat us as individuals, not put us in the same "text book category"?

Iv begged for help!! After 20 plus years, no one hearing me! My TRD HAS COST ME FAMILY, FRIENDS, THE ISOLATION, LONLEYNESS HAS DECLYNED, IV TRIED SUPPORT GROUPS, "I NEED MY FAMILY & FRIENDS"!

THATS MY MEDICATION!

SADLY THEY DONT UNDERSTAND!

Jane1234
Community Member

Hey Geoff, how are you,

thanks, im now broken again at the moment after hearing those words from him. But it's ok life will go on, I have a counseling apt next Friday, once I find a house to rent things will slowly be getting better one step at a time, one foot infront of the other.

Maybe I also need to learn to live life and not just exist take he's advice.

Because unfortunately I think he is going to end up more lonely without me and the girls around.

Although I truly wish him all the best in finding true happiness.

Hey cherrub55, thanks for replying,

First thing I have to ask is what does TRD for?

Its going to be hard I know this, I'm also sorry that you have been going through stuff for 20 years that's a really long time to not feel comfortable with life.

I totally agree that family and friends are the best medicine for anyone just that love and support makes everything different.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jane, thanks for your reply.

TRD stands for 'treatment resistant depression'.

Existing could mean eating, sleeping, working, maintain the usual household chores while living may mean sightseeing, having a goal to aim towards, starting a new hobby and to tell someone you love and care very much for them, and it's reciprocated.

You just have to take it easy, get a place to rent, decorate it the way you want, hang some paintings on the wall, a bowl of flowers and make it the way you want, that's the base to where you begin.

If you are receiving any Centrelink benefits then they can help provide the bond money, rent assistance and much more.

He will take his own journey, that's his concern and now you have your own life to rebuild, it will become exciting but just a bit worried that you may need some help, I hope I'm wrong, but if so then visit your doctor, if you feel a need to change or have to because you have moved then please do so.

You can click on 'Get Support' at the top of the page and scroll down until you see 'Find a professional'.

I hope you can stay in contact with us.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Jane1234
Community Member

Thanks Jeoff

As much as I love him and want him to realise he's making a mistake, he's not this is how he feels and what he wants and I am starting to accept that.

I have a wonderful family and three really great friends who are constantly talking to me and keeping me Sain lol

But yes if it does get too much I will find other support.

Thanks for being here for me 😀

I appreciate it