FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

life doesn’t feel the same, i probably need help but just can’t be bothered getting it

jim222
Community Member
i use to be very happy kid, always willing to help people and try my best, life went down hill after a couple failed relationships, i tell myself i have things to be great-full for but sometimes those low feelings get the best of me, i can’t sleep until i exhaust myself by staying up, then i wake up and think about the things i’ve done wrong and the cycle continues, i try getting exercise but sometimes i just don’t feel up to it, i know i might need help but i’d rather not go that route, i feel as if i start getting better then i just remember things that hurt, i try talk to people but they have there own issues too and it’s not fair for me to always rely on them, idk what to do and everyday feels the same, i started trying to get better for one person then they left and that’s when i noticed maybe i need to get better for myself but then i just get dragged back into that hole i tried so hard to dig myself out off
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Dear Jim222,

Firstly, welcome to the forums we are so glad that you found your way to this supportive and welcoming community. We hope that you find ideas, options and support from the shared experiences and knowledge of all our members. This is a safe space to share and express your own feelings, struggles and experiences without judgement.

Regards
Sophie M

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jim, whatever happens in a relationship can be a joint reaction and can not be particularly blamed on one person, although this depends on the situation.

By getting help makes you able to overcome those previous thoughts, if this didn't happen, then counselling wouldn't be a viable choice, fortunately that's the benefits of therapy to help you understand the pros and cons of how you are feeling and to strengthen your thoughts.

People, friends and/or family all have their own issues which some only want to keep to themselves, while there are others who do want to help you, either for a short time or on a continual basis, and are able to hold their own thoughts to themselves just to help you, these are those we try and find and eventually one day offer your own thoughts to assist them.

If you still get dragged back into the hole, then the support has not been beneficial long enough to support you and encourage you that people do want to help you over this hurdle, because it is possible.

These might include many trigger points you haven't been able to cope with previously, but after help in therapy you can learn on how to avoid them before they cause any harm.

You may decide to do other things rather than exercise because that being suggested to me by my psychologist, I simply couldn't do, so something else replaced this.

Not wanting any help is being in denial but there are other solutions you can look out for.

Best wishes.

Geoff.