FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

letting other people be

Guest_829
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

recently ive started respecting peoples right to be an individual whatever that means to them.and i've been telling myself for a while to resist judging them based on their looks and dont even start thinking in that kind of way.i try not to make assumptions or huge generalisations because you cant really tell too much about anyone based on what you see in front of you.

so im going to let people be as wrong as they want to be and im going to be more respectful of peoples rights to live their life their way.i'm going to stand back and let them make mistakes,speak their minds,talk about all kinds of things and be as loud as they want and im going to stand back and let them go..i've lived long enough and been around enough to know were all differant and brilliant and flawed and im not going to make anyone feel bad for doing the things that make them happy.im stepping back and letting go

4 Replies 4

Guest_322
Community Member

Beautifully spoken, mykl.

I love your newfound open mindedness. "Live and let live" huh? 😊

i try not to make assumptions or huge generalisations because you cant really tell too much about anyone based on what you see in front of you.

im going to let people be as wrong as they want to be and im going to be more respectful of peoples rights to live their life their way.i'm going to stand back and let them make mistakes,speak their minds,talk about all kinds of things and be as loud as they want and im going to stand back and let them go..

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I particularly love the part about letting people make their own mistakes.

I agree with you: each is our own life to live, and as long as no one gets hurt, we gotta do things our own way.

My way might not be your way and your way might not be my way but both are equally valid.

Dottie x

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Great post mykl - and what a wonderful world it would be if everyone did that.

You know how people say respect has to be earned? I disagree. I believe respect should be a given. Yes it can be lost or diminished, but it should be there to start with.

Respect to you mykl.

Kaz

gld
Community Member

Hi,

Yes, i feel you are moving in the direction i prefer to go. Respect/judgement, i feel is something which does benefit us if practised correctly. Sometimes respect has the ability to weaken if others display difference with values/direction of our own, i feel if society could become more flexible it has the power to become more harmonious. Being all the same is not the way to live our lives to the fullest.

Thanks for the post mykl and other contributors.

Gen

Guest_829
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
your all making sense to me.differant paths and experiances but still incredibly valid.very much so. and like GLD says if society was a little more flexible and had a lot more give how cool would things be.sometimes it feels like im starting to get compassion fatigue an maybe i dont care about stuff anymore and the fires gone out.but yeah,a few days go by or a week or two and something will get my interest.thanks for your posts people.really appreciate your outlooks.gets me thinking