FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Jumping to conclusions

Britt182
Community Member

Last night I wrote I miss you to my ex, we have only been broken up for about week now. Our other messages have become non emotional but just last night I needed him to know I do miss him but I’m yet to get a response. And I guess I just jump to conclusions in my head about what he’s doing etc or if there’s someone new now.

Im just really tired of feel like this, feeling this pain. It’s like he hasn’t have a single care about me after the break up and we were together for 4 years.

I guess I just don’t understand this, like okay you don’t love me fine but how can you not care ?

2 Replies 2

Soberlicious96
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Britt182,

Going through a break-up is hard for everyone and learning to get on with your life without that person takes time and practice. Just because he didn't respond doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't care. It could well be the opposite? Maybe he still cares so much that he just doesn't know what to say or how to say it? Remember, he's likely to be hurting just as much as you. We all deal with things in our own ways, and for some people, that might mean having no contact is less painful? It's hard to know exactly what is right for whom, and when.

I know that in the past, when I have broken up with someone, in order to try and get past or through the grief and sadness, I've made a list of all the things that annoyed me about that person! It might seem a bit cruel or harsh to do that, but helps me to miss them less, and to like myself more. Works for me anyway.

Anyway, I hope that helps a little. Just be gentle with yourself, and give it some time. xo

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Britt, thank you for your thread.

I also know that what you are saying will seem to believe that there is no change of any reconciliation, but your message to your ex is because you love him and to get no response is only because you want an instinct reply, I'm sorry that you haven't, but as Soberlicious says ' doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't care'.

The trouble is that we imagine all types of scenarios that we believe maybe the case, but that's our mind thinking.

He maybe unsure of what he wants to say, so please don't anticipate what you think could be the answer.

I've been through this myself and it hurts so much, please give it a little time and then you could get an answer.

Hope to hear back from you so we know how you are feeling.

Geoff.