FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Jealousy issues

cassie101
Community Member

I have an issue with being jealous of my partner, if they go out if friends I get really uptight and start calling and messaging them till they come back because I’m jealous they are out with friends, I’m also jealous when my partner is messaging their friends too. I think I get this because I don’t really have any friends and I just want to be with my partner all the time.        

how can I fix this?

1 Reply 1

tranzcrybe
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Cassie,

The simple answer is to acquire more friends, but that may not always be practical.

And while it can be helpful to pursue separate interests in some things, it could be time to consider the current status of your relationship (mutual acquaintances, buddies, lovers, soul mates?) to determine how much representation you feel reflects the embodiment of the lives you currently share.

In other words, the level of commitment that defines you and your partner as a couple is measured by the recognition that you are both now identified as one entity who share everything openly together, even when dealing with others independently.