FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is he right?

Gco_91
Community Member

Hi first time posting and a little nervous.

I have been in a relationshipfor 3 and a half years and pretty much right from the start he has told me that i have mental health issues. two years ago i started taking an anti depressant and started seeing a counselor (all because he told me there was something wrong). so about two weeks ago we got into a pretty heated argument and i did lose my s##t but no more than him. anyway it got physical and he pushed me to the ground with all his strength, i should say that i had spinal surgery 2 weeks piror. needless to say i left the house. now he is saying i need to be admitted to a mental health facility because im a danger to myself. im so confused because i dont feel like i need to.

Please help me. 😞

3 Replies 3

SourceShield
Community Member

Hi Gco_91,

I am concerned for you -

Firstly, are you safe, in this moment...Are you safe?

He's lucky you didnt report him for putting his hands on you but I sense that you feel that you made the situation worse by 'arching up, as well?

So you feel responsible for the whole thing?

It takes two to tango.

If you feel like you need extra support, and need hospitalisation etc...I support you with that.

But that is your choice to make...no one elses!

But - and frankly speaking - He may also need some help with anger management issues, if he feels that its 'okay' to push you, and to use your condition as a means to emotionally hurt you.

Im sorry, but I think youre better off, in your corner...and he, in his, for now at least.

I feel that he is 'projecting' because he now feels guilt for what he did to you, and by telling you that you need help...is his way of avoiding his own 'stuff'.

Regardless of all this, you must take care of you now.

Do you have a support system?

Friends and family etc?

Have you mentioned this situation to your counselor?

You are in a very vulnerable state...you must be with others that help you to feel safe, and to do what is right and best for your health.

Do stay in touch.

We are here for you.

MuchLove

Nikkir
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Gco_91,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, it must have been hard and sounds like you are going through alot. I think Sourceshield had some good advice and concerns. Safety first, get out of there? Do you have somewhere safe to go? where he is not. There is no excuse for violence ever and the fact that you had surgery is even worse if it could be worse. The mental health comments sounds like a power play, sometimes people use this to control you and make you feel there is something wrong with you. Even if you did have issues a supportive partner would not bring it up in that way. My answer is get out and never look back. Here is our number 1300 22 4636 for talking and resources and lifeline 13 1114. If it was me I would report them and try to get an AVO incase he tries it again. Because unfortunately that's how these things work, you need a history or reports before action can be taken. Please keep in touch and stay safe, we are concerned for you. Please break all contact with this person and record anything he does or says, you may need it. Stay safe and stay away I would recommend. Take Care Nikkir x

Excellently put, Nikki!

"If it was me I would report them and try to get an AVO incase he tries it again. Because unfortunately that's how these things work, you need a history of reports before action can be taken. Please keep in touch and stay safe, we are concerned for you"

I completely concur.

MuchCare&GenuineConcern