FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I’ve had to weird dreams I’m worried about

Bailey262
Community Member

So I’ve had 2 dreams the last 2 days of someone in my real life who has been trying to hurt me for the last year and a half. who used to be my friend but has made many threats to me since then and police have been contacted multiple times. But last night and the night before I had dreams of being chased by him personally just him last night through where we both used to hang out at. Then the night before was I was out somewhere I can’t remember with a long driveway and him and his friends pulled up in a van and started chasing me there was about 7 people in that dream at one chasing me, i want to go into more detail about it but don’t want to talk to my girlfriend about it 

4 Replies 4

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Bailey262~

Welcome here to the forum. I can sympathise with horrible dreams. One seems to have no control when thy are happening and even on waking the mood, effects or memories of them can linger on.

I found I dream about matter from the past, or helplessness. I also find in my own case they are made more frequent either by stress or some medications.

I have tried therapy to give predictable dreams a 'good ending' and medication, though that had adverse bodily effects. As the dreams are not that predictable neither seemed to be an good answer.  More effective was simply doing something soothing before bed, in my case re-reading favorite books (no doubt you would have something yourself)

What surprises me is that you have been in a threatening situation for a long time and the dreams have only just started (forgive me if I've misunderstood) which shows you to be a pretty strong person.

Can you think of anything that has changed in the last few days? Either your circumstance, worries, the behavior of this  person, or even your own physical condition?

Croix

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Bailey262~

I just popped in to see if the dreams have improved at all

Croix

Bailey262
Community Member

The dreams come and go every night but right when I hit a deep sleep now and they fade but not as vivid as when I wrote about that post. I still struggle with the situation in real life because it gets worse every couple of weeks or months sometimes.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Bailey262~

I guess the dreams must follow what's happening to you in real life, though I'm glad they are a bit better.

You did say an ex-friend had been trying to make life difficult for you and the police were called several times - I suspect it was you or someone on your behalf called them?

This makes for a very hard life - particularly if you have to face it alone. You mentioned you did not want to tell your girlfriend. Is there any reason why not? A good friend will be a comfort and source of strenght and ideas. And as an adult she can decide how much to take on board.

Do you think this might be a good idea?, at least you would not be alone.

Croix