FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I pushed my wife

Sgmg
Community Member
I was tending to my 2 1/2 yr old girl that was crying, my wife came in and we said something to each other as she took my daughter away from me crying ( I honestly can't remember) I have been feeling overwhelmed for the last few weeks...I don't know why I pushed her away but it turned out to be more of a open blow to the back of the shoulder...I scarred of myself at that moment with the anger that is creaping in, how can I do this to the woman I truely love...how can I ever expect her to move past it, it scares me
2 Replies 2

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Sgmg,

Good on you for reaching out. You must be feeling so frightened and alarmed by your own actions and growing anger.

I feel there would be a lot of questions and self doubt swirling in your head...but I think it’s a good start that you recognised that your actions towards your wife was not okay, and presumably now want to learn to manage your feelings of anger.

My gentle suggestion is to try to find help for your anger as soon as possible. I would suggest giving Mensline Australia a call (you should be able to find their number online) for advice and perhaps direction towards other support/counselling services.

I feel it’s important to recognise the warning signs of anger (e.g. shallow breaths, escalating thoughts), and if possible, remove yourself from the situation before things escalate. For example, if you feel yourself getting angrier, state “I’m sorry, I can’t talk about it now”’and walk away immediately.

When it’s a good time for you, it would be great to hear from you again as we would like to continue supporting you.

Kind and caring thoughts,

Pepper

Sophie_M
Hi Sgmg,

We are sorry to hear that you have been feeling so overwhelmed recently. Please know that you are not alone in this and we are here to provide you with as much support as you need.

If you'd like to talk these feelings through, please contact us anytime on 1300 22 4636 or get in touch with us on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST here: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport 

Our Support Service are trying to reach you via email as we are worried about you.