FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I need help to move forward

Ckb
Community Member

My husband left me after 37 years and 5 kids, they are all adults now. He has been gone a month now and won’t communicate with me at all.. I’m shattered and full of dispair.

what do I do now???? Do I see a solicitor, do I drive up to see him? Do I stay silent?
I have no idea..

my pain is so debilitating…

3 Replies 3

missep123
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Ckb,

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I truly wish that I knew exactly what to say to make you feel better but I wanted to post here to show some support.

That would be an incredibly heartbreaking and confusing situation to be in. Do you have a good support system around you?

We are definitely here for you

WaterFront
Community Member

Hi Ckb,

I too am really sorry this has happened to you. This lack of communication would be very difficult to deal with as you don't know what is going on, how he is doing, what he is thinking, and it just plain hurts when someone who is important to you refuses to talk to you in this way. Are your children still in contact with him? I wish I had some advice to give you, you are in the situation so you need to decide whether continuing to try to connect or giving him some space is the best option in the short term. Mostly, try to look after yourself as much as you can (eating, sleeping, some physical activity, talking to family and friends, etc.) and hopefully you have the support of your children in helping you navigate this awful situation. Here to talk any time.

WF

HappyHelper88
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello ckb_ thanks for your post and welcome,

I’m so sorry to hear about what your doing through that must be tough you may feel like your world has fallen apart but everything will be okay.

He may need some time to communicate with you and when he’s ready he will.

what do u do now? Well What do u want to do?

Think about what you want and go from there

Everything will be okay trust your instincts

please remember to reach out for support if you need