FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm a loner

Tweety22au
Community Member
I'm a single mum of 3 kids, I have no friends and my extended family dont care about me and my kids and don't include us in any family events. All I have is my kids. My mum doesn't live close to me any more and she isn't very supportive. I'm sick of my life really.
2 Replies 2

Lonelydan
Community Member
Hi twenty22, glad you're reaching out here I'm single parent to I know how hard it is when you're doing it all alone. I had no support no friend. Made it very hard to work and daycare cost so much. My parents were no support whatsoever as a matter of fact they were more damaging it would be irresponsible of me to have them around my child you're not alone. Danny...

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi tweety22 and welcome,

im a single mum of 3 also. It is easy to feel isolated. How old are your children? Are they school age where you can get involved in school activities to meet people? Do you have any interests where you could join a group? Neighbourhood houses often have activities where you could meet others. I know what its like me to be sick of your life, I get like that too.

Danny is right, you're not alone.

if you're up to it, tell us a little more about yourself.

cmf