FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I Just cant do it anymore

Byrn92
Community Member
I have been with my partner for 7 years we have one son her family lives with us and for the last 6 months i just have gotten to the point wer dont care anymore i dont care bout life i dont feel like i am wanted anymore and if i say something its rather jezz need a tampon or jesus pitty party much or shit like that i dont feel i can talk to her anymore bout anything as anything i say she goes straight to her mother and get told to get over it the only time her mother talks to me is when its about money or wanting something i have been trying to push past it all but i cant anymore i cant just go on putting up with it all feeling like i am some sort of check cash each week i just dont want to do anymore or be anymore i have noone to talk to and i have no idea what to say the last two times i brought things up i had to live at my brothers house for a good month or three i just dont know what to do i feel like i am on a raft in the ocean surround by sharks as the raft sowly falls apart aound me i just at the end of my rope and i need someone to help me back up
3 Replies 3

B_bear
Community Member
Bryn it seems you are under a lot of stress. I feel for you. Sometimes life does feel like there are no other options, no escape but there are. You just need need to take a breath, evaluate and work out what is best for you and your family. You mention your son. He is the priority. Do what is best for his wellbeing and you will find some emotional ease in that. If you are struggling with what is best speak to a dr or councillor. They will be able to give you more clarity.

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

HI Bryn and welcome to the forums 🙂

I really like B bears advice. Very clear and consice. Bear is right, you need to priorities yourself and your family. It can be hard having the partners family and your family you have made together under the one roof. Is there any chance they can move out? (or you and your partner and son?) I am not saying this as a solution, just wondering?

Have you talked about his with your partner? I know you say they discuss it with their mum and this can make you feel uncomfortable. Maybe you could ask them to keep the conversation just between you to?

I also find talking to my psychologist is great when I just need to vent and de stress about everything (work, family etc). I find it helpful. It is all confidential and they are professional so they can help you understand your feelings and reactions and how to channel it in a way so you can cope in your given situation. I understand if you are sceptical. I was before opening up to my psychologist. Not saying she is the answer to all your problems, but it is nice to talk to someone and feel like they are listening and helping you combat some of the difficulties of life.

Byrn92
Community Member
Sorry it took so long to get back to you all but nothing has improved and her mother has convinced her that i cheated on her in the times i wrote all this and her mother is a massive influence as you know and now the worst bit is the times and days she is trying to say i did i was at work i have payslips to prove it but they arnt good enough in her eyes