FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don’t know what to do...

SESIAH
Community Member

The past few months I have been experiencing high stress, worry, insomnia, depression and anxiety from a number of things. A marriage that i feel stuck in, financial stress, miscarriage, family problems, things are piling on top and I just can’t seem to see the other side.

It feels as though it’s just hit after hit. I have zero support and I feel like I’m dumping my negative thoughts on my children. This weekend gone by seems to have triggered me to have some sort of mental break down. I haven’t been sleeping well since and today I found myself mentally falling down. I cried in the car on the way home, I’ve lost relationships with my family today. I feel so used and mistreated. I feel worthless like I don’t understand why it feels like I’m supposed to care about everyone around me but no one seems to care about me?

My husband has convinced me to reach out to a dr but my drs practice doesn’t offer anyone in mental health problems. I’ve contacted my boss who has helped me find our work help for mental health and this is one of the links they sent so I’m starting here. I have looked at the “press to talk to a mental health nurse” button in the online chat for the past 20 minutes, I can’t do it. What if they think my problems aren’t worth their help?

i feel so stuck. I’m usually the happiest person but month after month I’m being dragged down. I’m usually so good at hiding it but I can’t anymore. I don’t like feeling like this and I just wish I could run away with my kids and start all over again.

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hi SESIAH,

Welcome to our friendly online community. We're so glad you decided to reach out here. We're so sorry to hear that you've been through so much lately. It sounds like it's been a distressing time and we can understand that you would be in need of some support. We hope that you find our community to be of some comfort - hopefully a few of our members will be by to welcome you over the next couple of days.

It's positive that your husband has encouraged you to seek some support. It is a common experience to feel hesitant to seek help from a helpline when you never have before. We would urge that you do so as it sounds like you've been in some emotional distress. Lifeline is a national charity providing all Australians experiencing emotional distress with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services. You can call them 24/7 on 13 11 14, or chat with them online 7pm-midnight AEDT - https://www.lifeline.org.au/crisis-chat/ 

You mentioned that you lost relationships with family members today. If you would like to and you feel comfortable, please feel free to share with the community what has happened today.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello SESIAH, I'm sorry for the way you are feeling because there does come a time when somebody can't hide how they are feeling or even pretend to everybody that there is nothing wrong with you because any mental illness is way too strong to conceal and although you may not intend to 'dump' your problems on your kids, unfortunately, this can easily happen, unintendedly.

By posting a comment here on this site, you can then easily type in what's concerning you, then you can read different replies and respond to any comment made and anything that's said which you don't agree with, ignore it, but it may allow you to think about it, but certainly leave it alone if it's not what you're after, that's the benefit of these forums.

It might also allow you to read other comments in different sections of the forums.

We know it's not easy to decide when you can open up, but this way maybe able to convince you that this site is safe, all we want to do is help people who are struggling with what or perhaps still been suffering from.

Please don't be afraid and hope to hear back from you.

Geoff.

OhSoTired
Community Member
Hi, I just wanted to say that although I have no advice for you as such, I just want you to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling. I feel the same way currently, and also recently suffered a miscarriage. I have 2 beautiful girls (1yo and 2yo) and a husband who is a wonderful man, but who I am constantly fighting with, financial burdens, you name it, and I feel the world is closing in on me.
But please hang in there. I believe our life has seasons. Some are warm and exciting, others are cold and lonely... but the seasons change, we just have to ride them.

Make sure you're getting some kind of support and look after you as well xx

Hello OhSoTired, thanks for joining in this thread by SESIAH and if you'd like to start your own then you'd get replies back to you.

f you're unsure of how to do this then please get back and we'll explain it to you.

Many thanks.

Geoff.