FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don't know what's wrong, I just know something is.

Anna-Connor
Community Member

I've never liked the posts I've read on Facebook about being sad, overlooked, and ignored, but for once I finally understand why people reach out to strangers for acknowledgement. Sometimes that's all you think you have.
I know I have a good life, with good friends and a happy family, but lately it seems all I can focus on are the bad things that happen. I know there is happiness in my life, I know there is goodness in my life, and yet I can't seem to forget every time my family ignores what I say, every time my partner says the wrong thing and breaks another promise, and every time I am left out and lied to. No one does it on purpose, but that's the worst part, I'm just that easily forgotten. That's what it seems like at least; I always tell myself that's not it, that they love me and I'm overreacting, but I think I've finally hit a point where I just can't take it anymore. The small things just pile up and up until I just burst in sadness or frustration, knowing that it's an overreaction but not being able to stop what I'm feeling. I don't know what's wrong with me, I miss being happy, I don't know what to do. I've spoken to my family, to my partner, and things change for maybe a week and then revert back to normal, I can't keep doing this, I can't keep feeling like this, I don't know what's wrong.
Something happened in my life last year that turned everything around and it seems as if that was the point in time everything came crashing down, but what I'm feeling has nothing to do with that, I just want to know if there is something fundamentally wrong with me? I don't think I'm depressed, I'm not really sure what that is, to be honest, but I know it is wildly over-used, I just want to know if what I'm feeling is a bi-product of this greater issue, or if there is something properly wrong with me. I don't mean any disrespect with the use of the word "wrong", I just don't know how else to describe what I'm feeling. I'm really sorry if I've offended anyone.

5 Replies 5

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Anna-Connor, Welcome to the forums and good on you for posting too!

I know where you are coming from after having way too much on my plate to handle. It can be mega overwhelming Anna

Facebook is a great tool for social interaction....but sometimes FB can be a bit overwhelming to cope with as well as whats on your plate.

Ive had anxiety and then depression for a long time but from what you have posted I see a very kind person with a schedule that is way too busy Anna. Being ignored and thinking you are over reacting can be soul destroying.

The sadness and frustration are like red flags that warn us that we are over thinking everything way too much..Its very common...more than you would believe Anna.

I dont see a person that has clinical depression in any shape or form Anna. I see a smart and pro-active person with way too much on her plate. The happiness and good times will return...its kind of a roller coaster ride...there will be good times but there will be lows as well.

From what you have posted there is nothing fundamentally wrong with you Anna. If you want to really check just see your GP....their training is so much better nowadays....and it wouldnt hurt to have a second opinion...

You have nothing to lose and only peace of mind to gain 🙂

You have your family's support.....your partners' support....They are two huge support areas and good on you!

You are actually very bright especially saying that 'depression is widely over-used'....So very true and well said

Just my thoughts but a quick visit to the GP just to eliminate any doubts...I just see a great person that has way too much on her plate right now.

you are not alone here....there are many very kind people on the forums that can be here for you 🙂

I hope you can stick around and let us know how you are going Anna....even just for a chat

my kindest thoughts for you

Paul

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
dear Anna-Connor, there is goodness in all of us, but sometimes it's being pushed down by various circumstances, but being lied to makes a connection with that person falter away, because you never know whether or not you can trust them.
People lie so they can protect themselves, but from one lie another one happens and onward it goes creating a real mess even though they do say they love you!
Eventually you are going to question how much they do love you, because if they do tend to lie to you then how could you be sure, so when this happens it is going to make you feel sad and insecure and doubt what is going on.
Whatever happened before may or may not be related, as you have said, but it could somehow be linked in a way which you haven't realised, but if I may be correct is that all of this may have been created by the way you are feeling now, a bi-product,and please correct me if I'm wrong and do apologise if I have upset you. Geoff.

Thank you, Paul,
I'm not really sure how to tell you how much you've helped me with just that one post. I think I've been reticent to talk to people about anything and everything because I was worried they would think I was just seeking attention, but to actually have you understand and go out of your way to try and help is just so wonderful and kind, and I can't thank you enough.
I will definitely think about talking to my GP, it actually never occurred to me that was an option, it would, hopefully, give me some peace of mind.
Thank you again,
Anna

Dear, Geoff,

There is absolutely no need to be sorry, I turned to this forum because I wanted help, I wanted to know if there were other people out there who understand, so I know I'm not just overreacting. That's what you've given me. When you spoke about doubting and questioning people's love, that really resonated with me, sometimes I don't understand how my partner can keep breaking promises and letting me down over and over again when he says that he loves me. If you love someone it shouldn't be like that; but I do understand that mistakes happen, but when they keep happening, and the same ones, over and over, it just doesn't make you feel loved.

Thank you, Geoff, for going out of your way to respond to me, you've really helped,
Anna

Hi Anna

Thankyou for the wonderful response...and the mega compliment too 🙂

If you are ever stuck, we are here for you...you are not alone

Happy New Year !

Paulx