FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don't feel anything

Erin1992
Community Member
I know this is going to sound terrible but i just don't feel anything towards my family at all anymore! i don't want to be around my husband or my kids. Im really struggling with day to day life and resorting to drinking instead of facing my problems head on. I also haven't really mourned the death of my great grandma who died 2 months ago and now i am just absolutely crushing into a million pieces! I really hope it might just be a hard week but i don't think its going to be and know i have to face my issues head on but i don't know how to!!
4 Replies 4

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Erin1992, please let me offer you a warm welcome and understand how you are feeling, from experience its depression causing this, although I'm not qualified, it's fair to say that after suffering this myself for a long time we can relate this illness to what we have had.

I'm really sorry for the loss of your great grandma, she must have meant the world to you, I know it's never easy to cope with, but alcohol may tend to fill that void, but it's only prolonging your recovery, this is what happened to me.

Can I please suggest you go and see your doctor who may want to prescribe medication as well as refer you on to a psychologist by using the mental health plan.

This entitles you to 10 free sessions with a psych per year, and please remember you are not able to face this on your own, sometimes people believe they can and this may lead them into denial, please don't let this happen, book an appointment with your doctor.

If you feel as though you need to, can you go and stay with anyone in your family just until you get the help you need.

My best wishes.

Geoff.

Terry73
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Erin,

Like Geoff, I am sorry for your loss. Geoff has also made some good points you should consider, even if not for the medication, at least see someone that you can talk to about your problems, a comforting ear can be very helpful in progressing past the issues.

Meanwhile, feel free to let us know what issues you face, we will always be here to listen, and hopefully have people who have a similar situation to yourself that can give advice as well on what they have done or avoided to get through these tough times.

At very least, we are here for you

Terry

Erin1992
Community Member
Thankyou both so much, tonight has been the breaking point i think! my husband has been out all day and avoiding to spend time with me at all. I have told him i want it over and i will move out! he hasn't taken this so well and has taken off which has proved to me that he's as immature as i thought he was and won't face these issues head on with me! i am so angry and him i keep taking it out on everyone else and its horrible, i will be moving out this week and hopefully once that has been done i will get my life back on track.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Erin, thanks so much for getting back to us and once you move out a different person will arise but please still go and visit your doctor, but I know that once I lived by myself I slowly got much better.

Please let us know how you are, we want to follow your progress.

Geoff.