FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can’t stand my family

PorkyPig19
Community Member

Hi everyone

living In my house with my family is becoming unbearable!!

I work around here on egg shells, my anxiety and depression are at an all time high.

Im ringing to make an appointment with my counsellor for ASAP.

I feel like I’m going crazy.

3 Replies 3

sunnyl20
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi PorkyPig19,

This sounds like a really difficult situation. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling and that you feel you are going crazy. It is great that you have reached out to your counsellor. In the mean time, is there anything that you can think of that has helped you in the past when you have felt this way, even just in the short term? Like distraction (e.g. movies, reading, work, podcasts, exercise, going outside) or grounding techniques?

Take care. Hope things start to settle for you soon.

LeeD
Community Member

Hi there,

I honestly can’t stand my family no more. Most of my life it felt like they were competing amongst themselves with every girlfriend i have ever had 🙄. They always tried getting in the way with every relationship like it was a jealousy thing or something. I am now with a beautiful fiancé of 16 months and do not talk to any of my family no more 🙅🏻‍♂️ This may not seem right to some people but at the end of the day i deserve to be happy with my fiancé without the jealousy of my family 🙂

Imogen2
Community Member
You are doing the right thing you’re following your intuition. Families can cause problems. I believe you as have experienced the same. My mother became jealous of my fiancé and tried to stop the wedding by writing a letter to my fiancé three days before our wedding. My mother was at my wedding but I refused to acknowledge her. So you are doing the right thing, you should have a bright future together.