FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Husband wont let me go

Wawa
Community Member
I separated from my husband just over a year ago. I haven't been happy for years and finally decided i am done. I dont love him anymore.
He wont let go, he still tells me i have to give him another chance. He moved back in without my permission, gets the kids upset, refuses to leave. Tells me i have to stay with him.
I dont want to get nasty and call the police.
We talk and i am honest with him, i want to move on.
Its like he completely ignores what i day. Or says no he doesnt accept it.
I just want to move on and find myself again.
How can i get him to leave me alone and let go.....
3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Wawa, and a warm welcome to the site.

I'm sorry you are in this situation and feel that he doesn't want to listen to you and realise that you want to move forward.

In some States you can get obtain divorce papers and if he doesn't want to sign them, then If you properly served the divorce petition and your spouse filed an uncontested response, but won't sign off on the final divorce papers, courts in some states may allow the case to proceed as though it's uncontested, that's exactly what I was told when I rang the solicitor.

I could contest the divorce but this was going to cost me money, time and grief, so I did sign the papers because I still wanted to talk with my ex, so if he doesn't contest your decision then it may still go through.

I'd like to hear back from you if that's possible.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Wawa
Community Member
Thanks Geoff

I haven't started looking at divorce as yet. I just want him to leave me alone.
He's become quite stalkerish,
I just want space and time to figure this out. Becoming a single mum of 3 is scary enough without the constant harassment from him.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Wawa, thanks for getting back to me.

If he has become stalkerish, then have you thought about getting an AVO so he won't be able to be within a certain distance or try and contact you.

Best wishes.

Geoff.