FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Husband completely shutting me out

Pinkandblue82
Community Member

Hi

i saw a msg from a happy ending massage girl on my husbands phone and he has not said a word to me since, he not coming to bed or anytging

unfortunatley it’s not the first time something like this has happened, but the msg obviously means they have been seeing each other for a while because it was quite personal

im Devestated

I just want to sleep and never wake up

we have had many many rough patches and over last few weeks have noticed him pulling away and I know he is no longer attracted to me, when we go out he doesn’t look at me only other women

we have been together 19 years, worst part is I just want him to hold me - that’s how screwed up I am emotionally

i have been told before he is a narcissist so I guess I have been groomed to feel this way

sorry for blubber but I am completely alone hiding away crying to hide it from my kids

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Pinkandblue,

We're really grateful you decided to reach out here today. We're so sorry to hear that you are going through this at the moment with your husband. We can understand that you would be feeling devastated. It sounds like your partner is not making and effort to communicate with you or support you after this distressing discovery. Please know that you are valuable and you deserve to be treated with respect, and that there is support available to you to help you through this time.

It's concerning that you feel that you don't want to wake up. We hope that you have a family member or a close friend that you would feel comfortable reaching out to. Can we ask if you are receiving mental health support? Please do feel free to contact the Beyond Blue Support Service anytime on 1300 22 4636 or get in touch with us on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST here: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport
One of the friendly counsellors can offer you some support but also provide you with advice and referrals for seeing a counsellor in a more ongoing way if this is something you feel would be beneficial.
There are members of our community who will relate and be able to talk through these feelings with you. Please feel free to reach out here on your thread anytime.

Guest_3256
Community Member

Hey Pinkandblue82.

I am very sorry for your situation, especially in these tough times. Please look after yourself and seek support for yourself and take care of you. Yes, he maybe a Narc, I cannot confirm, however, he is being selfish and not looking after you. Very poor behavior. Please seek support and tell yourself everyday that you deserve love and that you are a good person. Please stay strong and brave.