FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Husband cheating online for 10 years

Mary_A
Community Member

Hello,

I have been with my husband for the last 10 years. All the years, he has been on and off cheating online talking to girls and flirting. I have stayed because I want to keep what we have and hoping that he will change. Now I am not sure if its worth it anymore.

We have two children together. I must admit that I have been cruel to him verbally abusing him and would lash out and physically hurt him. I have no respect for him and things has been painful for him as well. Yesterday I found out that he has been subscribing for online prostitution and have engaging in it. I have found multiple and it’s terribly hurting me. He told me due to my behaviour he had been making bad choices and I said to him that my behaviour comes from the pain that I have been feeling in our relationship and that I’m depressed.

I don’t know how to stay and forgive him when I have not been. I want to seperate but I feel guilty for my children. I want us to stay as a family for them but I don’t think I can keep allowing him to treat me like this. I don’t know what to do.

1 Reply 1

Guest_3256
Community Member

Hi Mary A.

I believe from what you have said that this situation maybe traumatic for all parties involved and that there is also a lot of pain, suffering and resentment involved. It makes sense that you resent him knowing that he was making unhealthy decisions for you and your family.

Moving forward, it is time that you think about what you can do to get support (if not already) to help you navigate this overwhelming journey. I cannot stress that you are both humans, we are not perfect and that you are more valuable then your realise.

What ever you do, know that this is a difficult situation and that you can reach out for support because you need to do what's right for you.